Nate's Blog

Saving the world one blog at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I started playing the guitar when I was 12. My dad taught me to play. He is and was a big classic rock fan. As well as a Paul McCartney fan. So I got some great guitar lessons just by listening to music. I was always a big Christian music fan. A big part of learning for me was just sticking in a tape or CD and trying to play along. DC Talk was great for that. I started playing and leading worship for my youth praise band growing up. I had a band with in Missouri with the guys from my youth group. H.O.G. Rocks!! After high school I was busy at the church my parents pastored and also worked full time at Lowe's. Yes, I sold lots of lumber. I still remember a few item numbers. Not long after that I joined up with the rest of the guys in MercyMe and have not looked back since. I still enjoy making music and writing songs. I look forward to what the future brings.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Guys being Guys




The smell of hot dogs and cotton candy. The pavement flying by. Dirt and rubber in my teeth. Waiting to long for pizza. Trying not to spend all of my cash in Chicago. Bart telling us of his raucous speed boat ride. Only to see a picture of the before mentioned boat, and discovering that there were about 50 other people on the boat with him. Mmm, exciting.
We started off a week of travel with Wednesday at Alive festival. Alive was one of the very first festivals we ever did so it is always great to get back. Thanks to everyone there for sticking it out in the rain and making us feel welcome. After that we had a day off so it was off to Chicago! We love Chicago. Especially when we can catch a game. It was the last night of the Cardinals vs. White Sox series, which of course St. Louis lost by one run. Oh well. We had great seats behind home plate and to top it off it was $1 hot dog night!! They must know how to make us happy. Before the game we spent some time downtown, eating shopping....yes we turn into women on the road." I have just got to go shopping!" It was great.
Going to the game set up the next two shows for us. We did a mini tour, well two days, does that count as a tour? With Toby Mac and us, two nights in a row playing at a couple AA ballparks. The ballparks are great. Makes things a little more exciting. Across from the park in Combstock there was a little family fun park. So it wasn't long before Jim had us all on the phone, calling us girls if we didn't come over and race him on the Go Kart track. So we took it one step further and made a challenge to Toby and his band. Thus ensued one of the greatest racing spectacles ever to grace a figure 8. There were many complaints. The most common was, "man my car aint got no power!" There were also lots of spins, crashes, and hearty laughs of dominance. So maybe Toby and his guys can dance, but they aint got nothing behind the wheel!! Haha. Speaking of dancing. Somewhere there lies a video of Toby trying to teach Jim to dance. Hmmm. greatness. Hopefully that will pop up somewhere.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! You guys always seem to have so much fun! :-) I know I have fun listening to your music and going to the concerts! Y'all rock my little world!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Tim St. Clair II said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time in Chicago! My wife and I love it there and visit as often as we can. Right now we are really enjoying the broadway show "Wicked" that is in an open-run there for a while. If you like that sort of thing, you guys should check it out.

Well, keep sharing the love of Christ with others! Thanks for having this blog and sharing your life with us. We are praying for you guys.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go karts are great....but I think whirlyball is better for being in a small motorized thing...mostly because of the added fun from running into each other. aha

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog and the pictures! $1 hot dogs is always a reson to go to a football game.

You guys' music is amazing. Keep playing, and I'll be listening!

welshby

10:11 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Hey Nate... Tony Green here; former guitar player for a little band called Plumbline. We played on the Planet Wisdom tour with you guys back in 2001 - 2002... which seems like a long time ago.

It's been wonderful to see Mercy Me have so many opportunities to minister. My wife and I have been blessed to hear ya'll lead worship a few times since the PW thing - hopefully we'll make it out next time ya'll are in our neck of the woods.

Anyway - I'll quit rambling. hope you and the guys are doing well. Please tell everyone I said hello.

TG

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nathan, my name is AJ... I was the guy who you talked to at the alive festival in Grand Rapids. Me and my brother were right in front of you. So I couldn't find anywhere else to comment you or write you an e-mail so this is where I am. Yeah I went to the concert a couple nights ago in Dallas, the celebrate freedom one. So I got a question for ya... why did y'all change up I can only imagine? Did y'all just get tired of playing it the same way for so long? Well now that I pretty much wrote you a novel, I'll leave ya alone. I don't even know if you will ever check this haha! Oh well , but if you can hit me up sometime and keep me posted on how you're doing aight? my e-mail is newbornbison@yahoo.com alright bro keep it goin aight? Peace.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Illinois and I absolutely LOVE the White Sox! I just got your newest cd today and I can't wait to listen to it.
God Bless,
Jenni

2:39 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Hey Nate! Guess where I'm going today? Lifest in Oshkosh, WI. Guess who's not going to be there?! MercyMe!! I'm so bummed! And it looks like you aren't even scheduled to tour in WI at all this year! How could you do this to me??!! :)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Bhodi Li said...

Hey Nate, Just wanted to tell you that my whole family loves your music and we hope to see all of you in concert someday. L8ter.

6:35 AM  
Blogger mooma said...

I recently went to Chicago with my daughter and some of her girl scout troop - great times -. We saw you guys back in June at Alive in Ohio and it was great. God can certainly use people just where he needs them. Keep on doing what you guys do and we will praying for you!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Nate,
My name is Becky Lamers I was at celebtate 2006 with my friend rosie barnes and it was great but I wish you could have played longer. I am going to try to to comre to celebtate freedom 2007 hopefully you guys will be there. I met you guys in st charles mo when you were on tour with Jeremy camp Monk and Neagle and the Afters!
I love the music keep it up!
I will be coming to your concert in st charles mO on Nov 4th with my friend Tiffany We cant wait!
In christ,
Becky

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently saw your show in PHX AZ with Audio A at the Dodge theatre. I have never seen a show with such raw energy and emotion. It was truely and amazing night. I have never felt so close to god's presence as that night. Thank you for you words and music.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have the best music in the world.you are awsome.i love your music.i am a big fan of you. love gina's shorter son

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have the best music in the world.you are awsome.i am a big fan. love caleb pierce

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MERCYME!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!
I LOVE ALL YOUR SONGS AND ALBUMS
YOU ROCK, KEEP IT UP!!

HAILEY!! :)

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your music. you say things in your songs that i've been feeling but can't find the words to say. it's great to know that i'm not alone. that other ppl go through the same things i do. God bless you all!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR MERCY ME,
yOU GUYES ROCK !!!!!!!KEEP SHARING GODS LOVE WITH OTHERS!! THANKS FOR THE SINGED CD!KEEP ON ROCKING!

GOD BLESS,
YOUR #1 FAN !!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home