Nate's Blog

Saving the world one blog at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I started playing the guitar when I was 12. My dad taught me to play. He is and was a big classic rock fan. As well as a Paul McCartney fan. So I got some great guitar lessons just by listening to music. I was always a big Christian music fan. A big part of learning for me was just sticking in a tape or CD and trying to play along. DC Talk was great for that. I started playing and leading worship for my youth praise band growing up. I had a band with in Missouri with the guys from my youth group. H.O.G. Rocks!! After high school I was busy at the church my parents pastored and also worked full time at Lowe's. Yes, I sold lots of lumber. I still remember a few item numbers. Not long after that I joined up with the rest of the guys in MercyMe and have not looked back since. I still enjoy making music and writing songs. I look forward to what the future brings.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006




Yo-
Well, as you know we are doing a tour this fall which as surprising as it may sound, we did have to practice for. I say practice but we like to call it "rehearsal." Makes it sound a little more professional. haha. We have been friends with the folks at Irving Bible Church for many years now, and they have a great little studio at the church run by the infamous Dave Younkman, that we use for our rehearsal time. Works out great. Since we have to do our rehearsals for our tour starting in September, in July, we can record it all and then try to remember it all again later. But, we have some cool stuff lined up for the tour. So make sure to come check it out when we get near you.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this blog thing is a great idea! i am listening to "Coming Up To Breathe!" as i write this; or i was; i just got through "I Would Die for You", the song that makes my heart feel like it will burst out of my chest! Oh, i have a "PrayforBJ.com" shirt, and i plan to wear it to your concert in Indianapolis, IN!! Just one question: the little "blurb" at the very end of that song (it's not listed on the CD jacket); did BJ write that or what's the deal? i love it, by the way, and i am forever...............

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Harrisburg, PA! Just wondering if you were going to include Hershey in your Coming Up to Breathe Tour. We saw you last year and your message speaks clearly to me. My 16 year old nephew was killed in a car accident and your journey from I Can Only Imagine to Coming Up to Breathe is my life. Your music has inspired my faith journey. Please come to Pennsylvania--we need your witness!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love blogs. The one thing that I think is great about bands having websites and myspace is stuff is there a chance that you can get to know them. Makes me feel special...and want to dance. Woo! Anyway, you know your song "So Long Self" is way awesome. I love it....took me forever to figure out the words, though. Much love, you guys. <222

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, my name is April and I have a son that is legally blind. His name is David and he really loves both MercyMe and Audio Adrenaline. We will be going to see you at the Bi-Lo Center when you come to Greenville, SC. He would really like to meet both bands. So if there is anything you guys could do I would appreciate it and I'm sure my son David would love it.
Here is a way to get in touch with my son: desciple4lyfe@hotmail.com

Keep up the good work and God bless!!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Hey Nate... is Russ Ware still the worship leader at Irving Bible Church?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

I cringe every time I read about your tour - cuz you aren't coming to Wisconsin!!!

I may have to pay for an airline ticket to go and see you somewhere else! ;)

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a student missionary to Central Asia, and I just wanted you and the rest of Mercy Me to know just how popular your song "I Can Only Imagine" is over there. There are several English clubs and small group Bible studies who have been using it as a teaching aid as well as a ministry tool. Sometimes they play the CD, but I can honestly say I have played it on my guitar well over 300 times in the span of two months. I was a part of four english camps and several small groups. The students absolutly love that song. I even taught several how to play it. You guys have such a wonderful ministry, even in places you may not realize.
-shane

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool that you get to post a comment to the people that inspire your life through music......and they get to read it! Most of the time, the artist never knows how their song affect the person who is hearing them.

I am a fan of MercyMe and have been since "I Can Only Imagine". I remember hearing that song and wondering what I would do when I come face to face with the God of the universe who created the world we currently live on. I remember crying through "Spoken For" as I thought about how no matter what mistakes I make, I am still "spoken for". How awesome!

I think every MercyMe song I hear, touches my heart and soul in a different way. Thanks, guys. Thanks for what you do and for getting God out there. (You know that "I Can Only Imagine" was played on just about every radio station in my hometown. I'm sure it had to have touched at least one unbeliever!)

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work for God!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

hey Nathan i'm from Dominican Republic and i a big fan of the band, i like all your music... keep doing this... all the way... God Bless you!

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I can't wait for the tour! My sister and I are going to the Nashville concert. She's never seen y'all in concert...she's in for a treat!

Congrats on the Jay Leno show! You should write a blog about that!!!

Later Nater!

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nathan!
Hi from Kate, James and Jordan! We attended Grace Church with you a few years back. We are so blessed by the music MercyMe comes out with! Wanted you to know that Jordan plays bass for his youth group now and has just begun writing a bit! Though he was pretty young back then, I believe you (and your Dad) were very instrumental in his desire to play for the Lord! Thank you and keep up the good work ... don't ever compromise ;)

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home