Nate's Blog

Saving the world one blog at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I started playing the guitar when I was 12. My dad taught me to play. He is and was a big classic rock fan. As well as a Paul McCartney fan. So I got some great guitar lessons just by listening to music. I was always a big Christian music fan. A big part of learning for me was just sticking in a tape or CD and trying to play along. DC Talk was great for that. I started playing and leading worship for my youth praise band growing up. I had a band with in Missouri with the guys from my youth group. H.O.G. Rocks!! After high school I was busy at the church my parents pastored and also worked full time at Lowe's. Yes, I sold lots of lumber. I still remember a few item numbers. Not long after that I joined up with the rest of the guys in MercyMe and have not looked back since. I still enjoy making music and writing songs. I look forward to what the future brings.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back From The Magic Kingdom

So we have had a busy last couple weeks. We had a great time at Disney's Night of Joy again this year. We take the chance to make it a vacation so Bart, Jim and I all took our families early and made the most of our time. I think I went on Small World a total of 8 or 9 times; which is okay. It has great air conditioning, which if anyone else was there that week knows how humid it was. And not to brag but I think my top score on Buzz Lightyear was somewhere in the 300,000's. Haha. My son William is 4 now and just tall enough to ride most every ride, and we did. But I still had enough energy to play before a sold out crowd! Which is quite a site from the steps of the castle. So thanks to everyone that came out to support us as we played at midnight, even though David Crowder Band was playing at the same time. Mmm, touch decision.
Tour is getting closer and closer and we are very excited. It will be a great night. Come with lots of energy and ready to worship! Also some of you have noticed that Mike has not been with us the last few shows. Not to worry he will be back soon with a great story to tell! So keep looking for that. Alright, time for bed. I have to get up and mow the yard before we leave for tour. Ha. Hope it doesn't grow back too fast.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for clearing things up about Mike. we await his story and most importantly we await you fall tour.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Spencer said...

Good. I am glad to hear that Mike is coming back. You had us worried for a sec.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kendall said...

Just remember: If you don't water the lawn, it won't grow very fast. And just think, you'll be conserving water at the same time. ;)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Liz Hallford said...

I was confused myself as to why he wasn't w/ you guys in Tuska Houma, Oklahoma..........hope all is well.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate,
I posted a note in the last section. Apparently, I have you and Mike confused. I know where Mike is right now and what he is doing, we discussed briefly what he was going to do. Can you read my last message and pass it along to him. I would really love to be of service to him or his wife. (The other post will fill in the blanks). Thanks a ton, Marie

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Missing Mike will be back lol. And he's got a story? Is there a baby? Just kidding. I'm happy ya'll had a great time @ Disney. I love it there...too bad I didn't get to go. But I'll be going for graduation. I'm homeschooled lol. Blessings,
~Brett

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am a little relieved that everything is okay with Mike. I was starting to get a little ansy when I read that he had missed a couple shows and no one from the band said anything about it.

Anyways...I'm gonna make like a baby and head out. Can't wait to see y'all in Nashville on the 29th!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Won't you pppllleeeeeeaaassse make a stop in Wisconsin????????????

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Nate!!!
My family and I just returned home after seeing you all in concert tonight in Puyallup, WA. What an AMAZING and WONDERFUL night of worship! MercyMe has been my favorite band for several years and we never miss an opportunity to hear you live. Thank you for your terrific albums which always bring me closer to our Savior. You guys truly are the BEST and I could have stayed and listened to you guys for another six hours!! ;)
Enjoy the rest of the journey and please come back to Seattle soon!
God bless you,
Lori Gellerson

10:38 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Well I was in the crowd at the Puyallup Fair last night. That is pronounced (pew allup)
Not (pull y'all up)!! You Texans, I don't know!
You guys were awesome! I adore the song "I can only imagine". It makes me cry everytime our Praise team plays it.
Thanks for the awesome night! Hope to see y'all again next year!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nate (and the rest of the band):

What a blessing you are in spreading God's love in your music ministry! How cool is it when I can BLAST your CDs down the highway and see others singing along with me (I did not say WELL..I said LOUD! LOL!!)

In any case, I am anxious to see your show when you come to Baltimore. I would ask that you play "Keep Singing" in the concert. It was the tune I hummed over a freind as she went to God.

May God's peace and love surround you within and without on your journey.

Your brother in Christ,

Steve

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Can you come to dothan,alabama?

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, we enjoyed the show at the Magic Kingdom on 9/8 and also had a blast last night at the San Antonio show. MercyMe is so awesome in concert!

Last night you mentioned a special concert event being planned in Hawaii next April. When can we get more information on the specifics? I might just have to see about attending that one!

God bless,
Joy

10:10 AM  
Blogger janrevo said...

i thank god for mercy me. im from the philippines. im blessed everytime i hear your music. i personally love the song "crazy". thanks to you guys.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Liz Hallford said...

I hear that Bart is sick...hope u get muchos betta...., liz

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We MMobers from the boards and the newsletter list have been scouring the net for news of Bart (and Mike). Of course you've been BUSY this week. But, we like to pray for you guys too at times like this :-O .


There's no US Christian radio here in my part of Haiti - Please put out an update!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home