Nate's Blog

Saving the world one blog at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I started playing the guitar when I was 12. My dad taught me to play. He is and was a big classic rock fan. As well as a Paul McCartney fan. So I got some great guitar lessons just by listening to music. I was always a big Christian music fan. A big part of learning for me was just sticking in a tape or CD and trying to play along. DC Talk was great for that. I started playing and leading worship for my youth praise band growing up. I had a band with in Missouri with the guys from my youth group. H.O.G. Rocks!! After high school I was busy at the church my parents pastored and also worked full time at Lowe's. Yes, I sold lots of lumber. I still remember a few item numbers. Not long after that I joined up with the rest of the guys in MercyMe and have not looked back since. I still enjoy making music and writing songs. I look forward to what the future brings.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Woo Hoo, On Tour!




The Coming Up To Breathe tour is well underway and we are having a great time. We took a few days off after the Bossier City show at which Bart began to feel a bit under the weather and then after the show he was taken to the hospital. He is much better now and we are back on the road. Speaking of on the road- as an early Christmas/ birthday present (to cover the next ten years), our management and booking companies bought all of us and the guys in Audio A. a Ruckus. Which of course is a great little scooter made by Honda. They are by no means the biggest bikes on the road but they are a lot of fun. Driving through downtown San Antonio at night with the wind in your face is a great feeling. So if you have been around during a show day you may have seen us riding around town with our goofy looking helmets strapped on, and a looks of pure joy on our faces.
Of course it isn't enough just to have the scooters, we must modify or as we say make improvements. We are doing just about everything we can to them without voiding the warranty! Some have put neon lights under the seats and on the wheels. Others have painted various designs and added leather bags and leather hand grips. Truly stylish. I have to admit that I am falling behind in the scooter improvement, refurbishment, upgrading, game. I have added a nice tiger sticker to the back of mine as well as a little tote bag. You never know when you will find a good book you need to bring back from the mall.
Aside from the time consuming scooter detailing the tour is flying by. We are having some great nights in worship and are completely enjoying playing the new songs. So if you can come out to a concert and have some fun with us. And oh yes.....if you see a group of big gnarly looking guys riding around on almost too small scooters be nice. It's just us!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nate!!! I think you guys should bring the Tour to State College, PA!!! That way I can see ya'all!!! Best of luck on your tour~! God Bless!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Spencer said...

Awesome. I am glad that Bart is feeling better. I can't wait to see you guys in Anaheim. Take care and scooter safely.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Liz Hallford said...

so jealous over the scooters....bet u guys were having a blast

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Nate!
So glad Bart is doing better! He has been in my prayers! Those scooters rock! So glad the tour is going well! Love you guys and your music!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

' can't wait you for you guys to come to Anaheim...
we'll see ya then! Are you guys bringing your scooters?

11:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa-Marie said...

Yeah riding on those little bikes are awesome!! I ride one, only it's a Yamaha Vino... so a little more vintage looking... but with the extra power I got put on it... I can ride that baby up to 70km an hour! (compared to 45km before the power) and it's sooo cheap on gas!!

Glad to hear you guys are doing great! I still love listening to "I can Only Imagine"

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, you are awesome and i'm learning how to play the guitar.I went on my first Mercy Me concert and it was in Abilene. It rocked!!! You rulez 4-ever!! Mercy Me must come to Texas A&M for my sister and for all of the other Mercy Me fans there. I wish I could meet you guys.
Katrina

8:12 AM  
Blogger daughterofgrace said...

Hey...I saw ya'll in Lynchburg at Liberty University. The concert was absolutely awesome...very worshipful and top-notch, too. Keep up the great work. And come back to Lynchburg soon. :-)

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nate,

Just a note to let you know we enjoyed the rehersal in Tulsa, OK before you started your tour. Hey did you go ride your scooter during the autograph session or what? ha Got everyone's but yours on my shirt. I know you guys are in OKC next month I believe, come back to Tulsa for a mini concert or something because we can't let OKC get one up on us. Oh by the way, my wife and I seen you guys on your scooters at Tulsa and it reminded me of riding my kids 16" bike and I weigh in at 250. ha ha

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, Looking forward to seeing you guys again, we'll be at the concert on the 13th at Northridge. Had a blast meeting you all at the Christmas concert. We absolutely love Coming Up To Breathe, can't wait to hear it live. God Bless you all, praying for health and safety for all of you. It's getting really cold up here, better be in full leathers for your Michigan Scooter Adventures!!!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Leona said...

I have this mental picture of you guys riding your scooters around with gleeful faces like kids, and I can't stop laughing (with you). I promise I'll be nice when I see you guys riding them through Colorado Springs.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Liz Hallford said...

hey gorgeous just wanted to stop by and say hi and i hope all is well ur way....stop by my site when u have time...liz

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Nate! First I just want to say that I love MercyMe. I love your new CD. I just found our blog. Which is great. I love that you keep us update. But anyway. This past summer I saw you guys at Higher Ground-Winstad,MN You guys were awsome. I loved your concert. My family and I still talk about your concert and how great it was. I hope you come back soon. Are you guys going to be doing a concert DVD anytime soon. GOD BLESS and TAKE CARE !!=)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah Rahija said...

As it rained here in Kansas City all day, the words shared about "the rain" really hit home with me tonight. It is great to see real people, with real walks, stand true to His purpose, even amid screaming fans and cool stage effects. Worshipping together in a crowd where it is too loud to hear yourself sing creates such an intimate moment with God ... no worries about being off key or leading others, just communing with Father.

Thank you for continuing to encourage us to seek His presence and not just bask in it, but bring others into it. Thanks for letting Him be the center.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Concert in Council Bluffs was AMAZING. Cried, laughed, Praised God...Can't wait till you guys come around here again!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nate! I'm glad that yall are doing well. I miss yall! I'm so glad that Bart is feeling better! And, tell mike and jim and bart and robby that I said hi!
Sincerely, Bonnie

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!! Get your Ruckus fix over on TotalRuckus.com , those rucks are looking way too stock! :)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home