Nate's Blog

Saving the world one blog at a time!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I started playing the guitar when I was 12. My dad taught me to play. He is and was a big classic rock fan. As well as a Paul McCartney fan. So I got some great guitar lessons just by listening to music. I was always a big Christian music fan. A big part of learning for me was just sticking in a tape or CD and trying to play along. DC Talk was great for that. I started playing and leading worship for my youth praise band growing up. I had a band with in Missouri with the guys from my youth group. H.O.G. Rocks!! After high school I was busy at the church my parents pastored and also worked full time at Lowe's. Yes, I sold lots of lumber. I still remember a few item numbers. Not long after that I joined up with the rest of the guys in MercyMe and have not looked back since. I still enjoy making music and writing songs. I look forward to what the future brings.

Friday, February 23, 2007

The Big Chill




The Coming up to Breathe tour version 2.0 is underway and it feels like we never took a break. Things have fallen together easily and we are having a blast. We took some time out on a day off to go snowmobiling, which is always fun....until you hit that one snow drift you think is only one foot deep and find yourself digging out of a 6 foot hole! But hey that is why you travel in a pack. We only broke 2 snowmobiles this time. Broke a key off in one and ran one into a tree. Oh wait, make that 3...we hit 2 different trees. None of which I can take credit for, but I was present at each event. Then to top off an eventful day we got our bus stuck in a rather large drift trying to get out of the parking lot! So did we call a tow truck? NO, why would we do that when we had 10 grown men to push our 45 foot long bus out of it's hole! It took about 2 hours to get out, Will from Audio A and myself shoveled snow like mad men and cleared just enough for us to push it out. But we can't take all the credit. A big thanks has to go to the folks at Mad Mountain Adventures for not only supplying us with our rides for the day but for also working very hard helping us get out of the snow! We couldn't have done it without you! Okay gotta go.....Bart just put on some music here in our dressing room that I have to dance to! Woo Hoo!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds SOOOO fun! and hard! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey nate, just got back from vegas to watch you guys. one huge reason we drove there so we can get to see audioa one last time. it was dissapointing that tyler and ben were not there!!! what happened? will tyler and ben play in hawaii? will fans get to see ex members of audioa as they say Adios?

anyhu, another great show from mercyme last night!!! see you next time in LA

11:14 PM  
Blogger servant said...

Hi Nate (and MercyMe family)

just wanted to say THANK YOU for the honesty of worship on Coming Up to Breathe... no kidding, i'm thinking ya'll were eavesdropping on my prayer time with Father God in the secret place because at least 3/4 of the songs are my heart cry.
i do pray that ya'll will be gifted with increase favor and endowed with grace upon grace for the journey wherever the Spirit of the Most Holy God takes you. Be as like the eagle and just spread your wings and let the wind of His Spirit take you up higher. The eagle as you know (or may not) flies by way of the thermal air currents and not necessarily by flapping their immense wings- they soar on the wings of His wind. And so my prayer for you all and your families is that God would manifest His power and glory in supernatural ways such that you are swept away into greater realms of Glory- His!

For you
Numbers 6:24-26; Psalm 5:12; Galatians 6:9 and Philippians 3:12-14

IN JESUS<>< CHRISTine

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate and the rest of Mercy Me.

I recently attended your concert in Billings, MT and have to say it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to (and I've been to quite a few). The emotion that night was awe inspiring. For the first time in my christian life, I actually felt the presence of God with us.

I can't thank you enough for that experience. God has definitely blessed each of you with your unique talents that allow you to bring your fans closer to Him.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you again in the future!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

So sad to say Adios to Audio in Brookfield, WI. Boo hoo.

Good concert guys! I wouldn't miss a concert in WI! One of these days, I'll get lucky and get to meet you and ask for your autograph! A girl's gotta meet her favorite band, right?

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nate,

Well, this past saturday night (april 7 in Longview) My mom and I went to you guys' AWESOME MercyMe concert. And it's knda funny because there's a unbelieveable story behind it... MercyMe has been my favorite Christian band since i was a little girl and I can only Imagine of course has been my favorite song... well i just found out about yall's concert like the night before by my friend...and i got online and i was looking everywhere and tickets were all SOLD OUT! so i'm like NOOO way i've got to see you guys! and well i started calling numbers and i heard bout the box office having a 100 tickets at 12. I went downstairs and told my mom well a couple hours passed and she said lets go get some tickets...but no promises... so i said okay.. well we get there and we cant find the box office... and we see this lady and these little kids...the mercyme babies! and she helped us out and pointed us in the right direction... and we get to the box office and nobody is around... we get up there and they say they have these tickets for FRONT ROW! well duh! we wanted them tickets! but it was like a ment to be thing.. cause it was the day of the concert and we had just found out about the concert and we got front row tickets to see mercyme! so we bought the tickets.. and we go back to tell the lady thank-you and tell her we got tickets... well then i see you Nate! But we understand the value of family time... but that was soo cool.. now the cool story! we get to the concert... and i get my little mercyme gifts and all.. and then you come out on stage talking about Compassion you guys' ministry... well you held up a packet and you said that you had been praying on that little boy for the past week and you would like someone to take him off of your hands... well without even thinking but knowing what i had to do and what i was commiting to i got up there and took that off of your hands for you.... and i have been praying for Eryln Marze in Bolivia...and yes i will be sponsoring him so dont you worry.. cause he is in my family's prayers. Oh, I also love the cd that was with it too! Well the show went on and on..(LOVED THE CONCERT BEST ONE EVER!!!) and at the end mercyme babies came out on stage and started throwing confetti and all of this red and white confetti is flowing everywhere! and i turn to look at you and i seen you flick this thin yellow looking object that was heading my way.. and so i just reached up and grabbed it! It was your yellow turtle guitar pick!! That was soo awesome for me to catch your guitar pick that out of all that confetti flying everywhere it made my day cause not only do I collect guitar picks but you're my favorite band member from MercyMe! So, I just wanted to say Thank-you for not only making my day but making my week alot better than it has been... Thank-you may God continue to Bless you and MercyMe and i hope you all continue to make Christian Music and I really hope I get to see you again.... whether its at a mercyme concert or in heaven.. i really do hope i get to see you again... Come back to Longview, Texas anytime! Thank you, You and mercyme are in my prayers... Love Always in Christ,
Your #1 fan in Texas,
Kailee

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Come on Nate - April? It's now August! Where are you blogging skills?? I'm in the dark here!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger robbin said...

Saw ya'll @ Winter Jam in Johnson City, Tenn.
AWESOME!!! Please come further north to Boone, NC.
Not a big city, but we are home of the ASU Mountaineers- Is that enough to coax you up here??? WE NEED YOU!!!!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home